Saturday, August 22, 2009

My First Post

Welcome to my food journal!

I am a 30-something professional in Boston who loves food (does that narrow it down?). After reviewing our finances recently, my husband advised me that we continually spend a ridiculous amount of money on food. Despite our success this past year in losing 25-35 pounds each, our average expenditure on food has not changed year-to-year. I cannot even post the amount here because some of you know me, and honestly, it's rather embarrassing. My initial shock and wonder was replaced by a realization that I really don't want to change my eating habits. I like food. I love good food. I love going out to eat. . . I got to thinking that since I have no intention of changing my ways-- I ought to at least ensure that I make my gastronomic adventures a bit less ephemeral. Alas, a blog is born!

This blog is dedicated to my weekly adventures in dining out in and around the Hub. Generally, we eat out of the house at least once per week, so I hope to have something to post weekly. I hope that readers will find it at least marginally interesting, but mostly, I'd just like to be able to look back on the $xx,xxx.xx spent this year on food and remember what it was that I ate and drank. So, cheers to my fellow foodies! Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment